- 1992: PhD in Political Science, Copenhagen University.
- 1989: Cand.scient.pol (MA in Political Science and Public Administration), Copenhagen University
- Courses in didactics and distance learning.
Full-Time Jobs since 1989
- 2014- :Lecturer, School of Social Work, UC Lillebælt.
- 2012-2013: Lecturer (Temporary), School of Social Work, UC Lillebælt.
- 2008-2012: Associate Professor (as reseach fellow). Department of Political Science, University of Southern Denmark
- 2000-2008: Senior Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Umeå University
- 1999-2000: Senior Lecturer, Department of Social Sciences, University College of Mid-Sweden (now: Mid-Sweden University), Östersund
- 1998-1999: Senior Lecturer (Temporary), Department of Thematic Studies, Section for Policial Science, Linköping University
- 1995-1996: Senior Lecturer (Temporary), Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University
- 1994-1997: Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow, Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University (on leave 1995-1996, see above)
- 1992-1993: Research Fellow, Department of Law, Copenhagen University
- 1989-1991: PhD-student, Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University (Supervisor: Professor Gunnar Sjöblom)
- 2007-2012 : Contributor to Economist Intelligence Unit
- 1992-1994; 1997-1998: Part-time lecturer in political science, University of Copenhagen
- 2014- : FORSA Danmark, member of the board
- 1995-1997: DJØF, member of the sectorial committee for universities and research
I’ve been teaching at university level since 1992. Subjects include:
- Swedish politics
- Danish politics
- Comparative politics
- Policy analysis
- Social and labour market policy
- Political theory
- Methods, especially qualitative methods
- Supervision of BA and MA theses
Personal Research Grants
- 1994: Carlsbergfondet – 3-year scholarship plus overhead for a project about the politician K.K. Steincke and his impact on Danish social policy during the inter-war era
Besides maintaining this blog in WordPress, I’ve made websites and learning environments using Mediawiki, PingPong, Rapid Weaver and even hand-coded html with a bit of css. At my latest position, “Fronter” was used as the learning environment.
On occasions, I’ve reviewed manuscripts submitted to Scandinavian Political Studies, Local Government Studies and European Journal of Political Research. I have also reviewed manuscript proposals for Routledge.