Weekendavisen wants to challenge its readers about what happens in 2010. Instead of waiting until December 2010, I’ll forgo the bottles of red wine already now and give you my more or less badly founded predictions:
1. Will the Danish national team reach the semi-finals at the Football World Cup in South Africa?
No. It would be fun, but I think the 1/8 or possibly the 1/4 finals will be what we have to hope for.
2. Will the author Jens Christian Grøndahl change publishers again?
Who cares? Okay: Yes.
3. Will Caroline Wozniacki win a Grand Slam tournament?
If she can keep free of injuries, yes.
4. Will Lars Løkke Rasmussen reshuffle his government.
Yes. But the reshuffle may be less extensive than many imagine or hope for.
5. Will the Iranian regime and president Ahmadinedjad be overthrown?
No. But there will be continued unrest.
6. Will the world’s countries reach a binding agreement at COP16?
No. Not with China and the US Republicans obstructing.
7. Will the Danish government set up a commission to examine the separation of state and church in Denmark?
No. Not even if we imagine the Social Democrats and the Socialists taking over government after an election.
8. Will a Danish rider win a stage in the 2010 Tour de France?
Yes. Well, it’s possible.
9. Will health warnings be introduced on wine bottles in Denmark?
10. Will the Litterature Prize of the Nordic Council be awarded to Ida Jessen or Peter Laugesen?
11. Will the US Government go bankrupt?
12. Will the Sweden Democrats win more than 4% of the vote in the Swedish general election?
Yes. If the Social Democrats do not get their act together.
13. Will MECOM sell parts or all of Berlingske Media?
Sneaky question. MECOM may very well want to sell but the money are tight, so I wonder if there will be buyers. No.
14. Will Sophie Marceau be cast in a leading role in a Lars von Trier film?
15. Will the Maldives disappear under the sea level?
16. Will Helge Sander still be Minister of Research after 1 December 2010?
No. (Well, here’s to hoping, but I really don’t think a new minister will make that much of a difference)
17. Will Bob Dylan attend the opening of the exhibition of his paintings and drawings at the Danish National Art Gallery?
18. Will Keith Richards and Jack White record a cd?
Fascinating thought, but: No.
19. Will Nikolaj Znaider be awarded the Sonning Music Prize?
No. (Tricky one, though)
20. Will Peter Ramsdal still be the vicar at the Brorson Church in Copenhagen on 1 December 2010?
And with this: Godt nytår.