1. Lowest turn-out since the creation of the Federal Republic in 1949.
2. Worst result for CDU/CSU since 1949.
3. Worst result for SPD in the history of the FRG.
4. Best result for all three minor parties since they were formed. Actually, “minor” may be the wrong description here.
5. Angela Merkel will be the first chancellor since Konrad Adenauer to survive a change in the composition in the federal government (save the representation of DSU for a short period in 1990-1991).
6. According to a snap poll for ARD, SPD’s main problem would be “economic competence”, but how does this square with the collapse of support for the SPD due to the Agenda 2010?