And now for something completely different…
What do you do on a Thursday night when the first season of Californication has ended on TV4?
Perhaps considering what we might learn from the show can help filling the void:
- Having sex with your ex-partner’s new partner’s sixteen-year-old daughter is a bad idea. Bad! (Jeppe Kofod, are you listening?) Even if I will have to admit that Madeline Zima is very attractive.1
- The combination of alcohol, marijuana, modern non-figurative painting and sex with a scientologist is generally not to be recommended.
- Never, ever pick up a girl in a supermarket line. Especially not if you collect vinyl records.
- Having an affair with your secretary is a always pathetic move.
- Having a kinky affair with your secretary is even more pathetic.
- Threesomes should be avoided at all costs. Especially if they involve your wife and your secretary or one of your business clients and some random woman.
- Porsche might consider employing more female salespersons.2
- Blogging is for burnt-out writers.
- Shouldn’t you be just a bit spooked by the fact that your twelve-year-old daughter is a wannabe Goth? I would.
- In the real world, Natascha McElhone is married to a plastic surgeon.
Here’s to season two. It will be a hard act to follow, but I have high hopes.