But the excercise actually uncovered that rarest of species: A Swedish female academic blogger.
In case you are interested, here are some of the female academics on my Google Reader:
- Laura McKenna
- Carly Schall (a former exchange student i Umeå, btw)
- Crooked Timber is home to a number of women: Eszter Hargittai, Ingrid Robeyns, Maria Farrell, Belle Waring
- Islamologi.se (recommended if you read any of the Scandinavian languages) has some female contributors…
- …and Ekonomistas has Eva Mörk on its roster
- On the other hand, Vänstra Stranden is on hiatus
Slimed? Apperently gubbslem – which would translate into something like geezer phlegm – is the popular Swedish expression for what is otherwise known as old-boys networks. In the physical world gubbslem is a kind of algae.