Noted by an internet contact: When it comes to party leaders, women outnumber men in Denmark!
- Unity List – collective leadership but mainly represented by Line Barfoed and Johanne Schmidt Nielsen
- Socialists – Villy Søvndal
- Social Democrats – Helle Thorning Schmidt
- Social Liberals – Margrethe Vestager
- Christian Democrats – Bodil Kornbæk
- New Alliance – Naser Khader (re: party leadership – a little complicated here)
- Liberals – Anders Fogh Rasmussen
- Conservatives – Bendt Bendtsen (not unlikely that he will be succeeded by a woman)
- Danish People’s Party – Pia Kjærsgaard
That makes five parties led or represented by women against four represented by men. In terms of electoral support, it’s more or less fifty/fifty.
You will of cause have noted the left-right tendency.