It’s 7.30 pm and the Danish media have their angle on the German state elections ready:
- Berlingske Tidende – Tyske ekstremister får kanonvalg (Exceptional backing for German extremists)
- Danmarks Radio – Højreekstremister valgt ind i delstatsparlament (Right-wing extremists enter state parliament)
- Jyllands-Posten – NPD valgt ind i østtysk delstatsparlament (NPD elected to East German state parliament)
- Politiken – Nynazister valgt ind i delstatsparlament (Neo-nazis elected to state parliament)
- TV2 Danmark – Godt delstatsvalg til højrefløj (Good election results for right-wing)
Question to Berlingske Tidende: When did 6,5% constitute an exceptional backing – especially given that the NPD managed to get nearly 10% of the vote in Sachsen?
The NPD are a nasty bunch of people but I understand if some Germans occasionally despair at the international press coverage of their country.
Update: At 22.40, ARD and ZDF have the NPD at 7,2 – 7,3%